Own your Professional Growth
- One of the easy ways to make this change happen is to track the changes happening in the industry vis a vis your role.
- Even if you do not have a network of professionals in the same role at other organisations, just look up the job descriptions of a role on multiple job boards. See if you fancy any new addition to your role and list that on your KRA.
- Don’t be over ambitious though. Understand what you can do and what you cannot keeping your organisational context in perspective.
- Identify low hanging achievables and jot them down.
- Make a separate list for training and certifications that you need to achieve a certain competency.
- And last but not the least, keep abreast of what is happening in your organisation and the industry in general. An outdated professional with a meritorious past is the worst qualification to have.
Just remember that if you don’t own your own growth, no one else will.