Not so long ago, presence at a low cost delivery location was good enough for a company to penetrate and succeed in the IT outsourcing arena. Faster adoption of Offshoring was taking care of top-line growth and labor arbitrage was sufficient to protect healthy bottom lines.
While there is still some steam left on demand side growth, it is bottom line and long term business viability that are causes for concern. In a new world, where large multinationals accessing low cost talent pool are fast eroding cost advantage and increased commoditization of pure play offshore offering hitting bottom lines, where do leadership look for competitive advantage. Here are the number of strategic and operational questions companies are facing…
- What should be our revenue multipliers? Is it high end IT services offering, product or semi-product space, transaction based services, Infrastructure automation, SAAS or cloud computing and how should I build it with minimal investments?
- Do I have some hidden capabilities that I built as a service provider and now can be repackaged and sold as a high end service offering?
- How can I rapidly reduce costs in order to counter constant price reductions? How can I distinguish my more productive, less productive and counterproductive assets and how can I rationalize them?
- Do I know which projects are making money for me and which one are not?
- Do we have adequate program management capacity to run all my programs successfully?
- Am I ready for revenue or margin shocks? Do I have sufficient variability in my cost structure to align myself with rapidly changing business environment?
Our IT services clients value our strategic understanding of their business and operational abilities to drive for concrete results. EBO [Explicit Business Outcome], our proprietary & proven methodology, ensures that our business benefits are aligned to our client’s payback. We can help our clients address their most important issues in the following areas:
- Offer project & program management capacities to drive business critical engagements.
- Operational transformation by deconstructing value chain, activity based costing and data driven cost optimization on procurement, hiring, retention and capability building.
- Pre M&A assistance for improving operational & financial parameters.
- Post Merger Integration for generating desired value with minimal business & reputational risks.
- Building services portfolio and constructing client centric service offering by leveraging existing and low hanging capabilities.
- Service offering rationalization, decoupling revenue and headcount correlation, developing product or semi-product strategy.
- Building capabilities around fix price projects, estimations, intellectual property protection, demand driven talent supply chain, bench optimization, Capex to Opex conversion.
- Creation of high performing delivery organization by building new frameworks, methodologies, tools, matrices and business aligned dashboards
- Accelerating offshore move for large multinationals by the combination of strategic analysis and operational abilities.
To know more about our complete service offering, click on the link below ……..